Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Days of Thanksgiving: Day 5 (There's an App for that!)

  An App for that sure does sound like a funny thing to be thankful for, but I truly am thankful for my Apps and my Ipad and Iphone. My favorites (okay some of my favorites) enable me to stay in God's word on a daily basis. So I can listen to them anywhere, anytime. How much more convenient can it get. Which means now there is no excuse for me not remaining in His word. Here are my most useful, favorite Apps for my Ipad and my Iphone.

One Place in where there are a plethora of Pastors and Ministries to listen too. This is where I listen to Kay Arthur and Adrian Rogers

Truth For Life this is Alistair Begg's App and the one I mostly use. Just can't get enough of his preaching. I am studying Life in the Spirit a study on Romans 8 with him now. His archive of sermons is massive. Enough to keep me busy for a long time.

Holy Bible well we all know what this one is. You can search through different versions and compare. I love the NASB, so my fave.

Grace to You This is John MacArthur's App. He is one of the best. He also has a massive archive of study's. His sermons are life changing.

In Touch last but not least. Charles Stanley's App. The gentleness of this man's soul is beyond compare. If it wasn't for his TV preaching my family would have been lost when we first moved to GA. We didn't find a Bible preaching church for 2 years. So we spent a lot of time with Dr. Stanley and still do.

I find, that lately, the rougher days in my life are days that I don't take time to be in God's word, listening and studying. Even if it is just listening to one of my favorite preachers on my ipad in the laundry room while I am doing laundry or on my iphone in the car while I am doing errands, my day just seems to turn out better. Coincidence, I don't think so. One of the very first verses I memorized is Proverbs 3:5&6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own  understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.  If you go further down to 13 and 14 and read it says 3:13&14 13How blessed is the man who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding. 14For her profit is better than the profit of silver and her gain better than fine gold. I want to be blessed and find wisdom, and the only place I found good, faithful, life changing wisdom is in God's word. Oh, how blessed I am when I actually apply His word to my life. Father help me to set You and Your word a priority in my everyday, I am so tired of walking down crooked paths, make straight my paths Oh, Lord. Thank you for the technology I have come to use most days to bring me closer to You and closer to those I love, for in Jesus name I ask it, Amen.

Having to remain honest and true. It would be wrong not to mention my other two faves.


Facebook This one most people are familiar with. It helps me stay in touch with all of those people with whom I love dearly and can't see on a daily or even a monthly basis. It also has lead me to some Godly women's blogs that I use for support and inspiration.

Angry Birds Rio okay this one really has no value, other than I do get out some frustration knocking down those Monkeys and a little hand eye coordination, but I love it!







 Today's recipe is a good one for the day after Thanksgiving when you are still kind of full and in need of a light meal.
Turkey Tortilla Soup:
2 tablespoons olive oil (you can use whatever oil you have)
2 cups diced or shredded turkey (you can also use leftover chicken or pork)
1 small onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cups frozen mix veggies (corn is a must and mine had carrots, peas and green beans also)
4 cups of chicken stock/broth
4 cups of water
1 chicken bullion cube
3 cups cooked rice
Tortilla chips (I break mine up into bite size pieces), sour cream and shredded cheese for garnish.


In a soup pot on medium heat, warm up the olive oil. Add in your turkey and onions cook until turkey is heated and onions are tender. Stirring occasionally. Sprinkle all of your spices over the turkey and onions combine well. Add in your frozen veggies, stir to cover them in spices, cover and cook just until veggies are thawed. Pour in your stock/broth and water. Break up your bullion cube over the soup and stir in. Raise your heat to medium high just until the soup reaches a boil. Turn the heat down to simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes. When I start simmering my soup I start cooking my rice, that way they are both done at the same time. Put 1/4 cup of warm rice into a deep bowl and ladle soup over rice and add your garnishes. Yummy! It is nice and warm on a cold day! It is also good with served with cornbread!!







No comments:

Post a Comment