Friday, March 4, 2011

33, I don't think so!!!

Today I was texting with my sister Cherie who lives in VA. She was thanking me for the Birthday flowers I sent her at work and she was kidding that it was her 35th birthday. I chuckled and texted her back with "That works for me because then I would just be 33." Well in all honesty I am a long way from 33 by about 14 years.  I started to think about how my life was at 33 and about my physical well being along with how I looked. I was alot thinner I can tell you that much with a lot more energy. I sure wasn't suffering from the Hormonal attacks that I seem to occur on a daily basis. I thought how nice it would be not to have my own personal summers. I could be a hot babe and wouldn't just come in flashes. The more I thought it might be nice to be 33 again, the less I wanted to be 33 again. I may have looked better on the outside, but I was a mess on the inside. At 33 I was quite selfish and immature. I hadn't even had my two younger children yet. I can't even comprehend what life would be like without them nor would I want to. My husband and I didn't have the relationship we have now. All in all I was not a nice or happy person at 33. It is truly amazing how having Jesus in your life changes everything for the better. I have since been saved by Jesus and turned my life over to Him. I am not saying I am still not a mess inside, just saying not near as much of one as I used to be. I can honestly now say it is well with my soul and what a beautiful peace that abounds in me.
In John 16:33 Jesus says " These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace, In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." I feel I must share this next verse because the pass few weeks this verse has been popping up almost daily. 1 John 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world."  This is how I know with certainty it is well with my soul. Greater is He(Jesus) who is in me, than he who is in the world. AMEN!!! Father God I pray that all who read this blog, will come to know You through Your son Jesus and that it can be well with their soul, if it is not already. Thank you Lord and may I continue to be a usable vessel for Your glory!!


Another thing that doesn't do much for my outside but it sure does make me feel good on the inside is to sit down and have a bowl of :

Chicken N Dumplings  
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 chicken bullion cubes
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
3 boneless,skinless chicken breast (about 1.5 pounds)
1 12 ounce can refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup half-n-half
3 tablespoons of flour

Add broth, water, bullion cubes and poultry seasoning to a Stock/Soup Pot. Heat on medium high heat. Stir until bullion is broken up and melted into broth. 


 While broth is heating to a boil, slice chicken breast into strips. I find it cooks faster this way.


Add your chicken to boiling broth and cook with cover slightly askew for 10 minutes or until chicken is  no longer pink in center.


Remove chicken, shred and set aside. In a cup whisk  half-n-half together with flour and pour into broth. Stirring occasionally so flour mixture doesn't stick to bottom. When broth thickens a little add your chicken back into the pot.



Remove biscuits from can and flour each biscuit on both sides. On a floured surface roll, with a floured rolling pin,  each biscuit to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut each biscuit as you would a pizza into 4 pieces.


Drop biscuit pieces one at a time into the boiling broth. They will float to the top covering the surface of the pan.  Do not stir the biscuit pieces in broth.  Cover pot with a tight fitting lid and cook 10 minutes. Take off the lid and stir dumplings into broth about 2 minutes. Dumplings will deflate and thicken the sauce.



I like to serve with steamed veggies and bread slices instead of over mashed potatoes. Just a little healthier this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment