Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He's got the whole world in His hands.

There were days in my past that have been filled with tears and sadness. There were those who intentionally or unintentionally caused me heartache and pain. I am sure we can all relate to these statements. I had a friend on facebook post this status today and I just had to share. "God doesn't give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED... to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be." It is so true. There was definately more than once in my life that I was content and happy to be where I was and God knew that it was not the place where He intended me to be. Sometimes I needed to be hurt or to be left to move on. The last time this happened was such a wonderful lesson full of love for my Father and forgiveness to those who caused pain. This time I was a child of Christ and I knew Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. The awesome sense of peace knowing I am a child of God and no matter what happens it will all work for good. I also knew the story of Joseph and how his brothers hated him enough to beat him and sell him as a slave. You talking about pain, heartache and betrayal. Joseph the slave ended up the Pharoh's second in command and was in the position to help save his family and his people. Joseph forgave his brothers because he knew that what his brothers did was God's will. Joseph was needed for a bigger purpose than just a shepherd boy. If you find time read about Joseph in Genesis 37 -50. It is well worth the time. There was a time I had the opportunity to speak and give a small testimony of my life and when I was done someone approached me and said now I know where your joy comes from. It comes from knowing I am saved from eternal damnation and I am in the Father's hands. It is such a great comfort knowing that whatever happens to me it always passes through my Father's hands first. Others may try to do us harm and God turns it all out for good according to His purpose. It would have been so easy for me not to forgive, but I believe the Bible and I believe that God is who He says He is, so how can I not forgive people that were used by God for the purpose of making me who He wants me to be. Lord God, I am so thankful You are in control and I am called according to Your purpose. May my life continually show the joy of a grateful heart.


You guys get 2 for today.
Beef Shoulder Roast
3 to 4 pound beef shoulder roast
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use olive oil)1teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 medium onion, sliced
3 large garlic cloves, diced
2 cups of water
1/2 cup of steak sauce (I used A-1)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season your roast with salt and pepper. Cover roast in flour and let set. Heat oil in a oven safe Dutch Oven.

Add your beef roast to the oil and sear on all sides. After searing remove from heat and sprinkle your roast with cinnamon and paprika. Add in your onions, garlic, water and steak sauce. Stirring until your water and steak sauce has blended.
Tightly cover your Dutch Oven with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 2 hours then take out of the oven and pour juices over roast and place back in oven and continue baking for 1 more hour. Save juice and leftover roast. Let cool in dutch oven and place in fridge overnight for use in next recipe. I like to serve roast with a sweet potato and coleslaw. Now that's a blue plate special right there.



Beef and Asparagus Stew
leftover beef and pan juices
4 cups of water
1 tablspoon tomato paste1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 medium onion, chopped1 bunch of Asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
1 cup uncooked pasta ( macaroni, pene, rigotini etc.)

Place dutch oven with leftover beef and juice on medium high heat. Take out any leftover beef , shred and return beef to pan. Pour in water. Add in tomato paste, crushed red pepper and garlic powder, stirring until well blended. Add in your onion and Asparagus. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour stirring occasionally. Return to boil and add in uncooked pasta. Stirring frequently so pasta doesn't stick cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until pasta is tender. When stew is done it should have the consistency of brunswick stew. I like to garnish with shredded parmesean cheese. I also sometimes use a 10-12 ounce bag of frozen broccoli instead of asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment