Tuesday, March 15, 2011

RESCUED

There are days where I am so thankful we decided to make a couple of rescue dogs part of our family. They are so loyal. Not to mention that they are just so thankful to be with you. I believe God brings these special animals into our lives for reasons. As I said I have two rescue dogs.


             This is Moses Bear or as Big Daddy calls him Boo. He was rescued, I believe from southern Indiana from a flood. He came into our life after having to put to sleep my little Yorkie Rocco, which was devastating to our whole family. My beautiful, patient, loving friend Jodi rescues dogs with Rover Rescue and she met this dog and knew in an instance he was for us. We not only rescued him, he rescued us from our broken hearts. He is also a fabulous watch dog. Nothing gets in our yard or comes near our driveway we don't know about it. He loves Big Daddy those two are buddies.
Bear is part Giant Schnauzer and part Chow. A Schnauchow.
He even doubles as a pillow on occasions.



This is Obadiah Buckwheat otherwise known as Obie, Junkyard or Dum Dum Duggan. He was rescued from the Athens Clarke County pound about 2 years ago. He truly is the love! He holds a special place in my heart. Obie loves his Mama. He is the kind of dog you buy toys for and he would rather play with a rock like a ball and chew a stick to shreds. He is quite the protector of the back yard. He is quite the lizard and snake hunter. He has eliminated the back yard of all sort of creepy crawlies. He has even rescued us from a copper head which he killed and it almost killed him. It bit his tongue. Which proceeded to swell to twice the size of his head. It is a miracle he didn't die. I also believe if we had not had him the snake would have definately gotten one of the kids. Scary thought. He is my little hero.
Obie is a Schnauzer and Sharpei mix, a Schnaupei.




I guess I am so fond of rescues because I, myself am a rescue. I am so thankful that the Lord has rescued a mutt like me. Thank you Jesus, for saving me from myself. I love the saying. I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am. I can go out of the room and come back in and he is just so excited that I walked back in the room. I wish I could say that I approached my quiet time with the Lord with such zeal. More mornings than not I am just so zoned in on getting to the coffee pot and getting that first cup of coffee. I really wish I was the person God knows I can be. Lord I am so thankful for your saving grace and that you are not through with me yet!


Todays recipe is for the sweet fur babies God has given my family.
Cheesy Garlic Dog Biscuits
1 stick of butter cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup milk or water
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Put cubed butter into a large mixing bowl



Add flour to dough to bowl, smash and blend butter into flour with a fork until butter is pea sized about 3 to 4 minutes. Then stir in garlic powder.




Make a well in the middle and pour in milk/water a little at a time, mixing into flour before adding more.



Add in cheese and mix throughout until dough forms. Dough will be dry. Half dough to make it easier to work with.

Roll dough onto floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to make cookie biscuits. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and place cookies on sheet. Bake 15 minutes take out of oven. Turn biscuits over and bake 10 minutes longer.




Place on rack to cool and harden. Store in container. Last about 14 days.


Remember that the biscuits are human grade, so if you like a crunchy biscuit you can eat them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment