Monday, February 14, 2011

No Greater Love

Happy Valentines Day! On this day millions of people will be celebrating those they love with chocolates, flowers, jewelry and cards. My family has decided to forgo all of the valentines hoopla this year and they want me to make them Chocolate Pots de Creme with fresh berries on top. This totally works for me, that way there is not a lot of candy left around to tempt me and no cards equals no paper trash and less clutter is a good thing! Well my wonderful husband a.k.a. Big Daddy and my son Zach surprised me Saturday by laboring and toiling in my garden area, laying down weed fabric and hauling in heavy stepping stones. It will eventually have river rock put in around the raised beds and stepping stones. This should keep the weeds out so I will be able see the creepy crawlies (snakes, lizards and such) that are in my garden. Last year I had a few scares with the creepy crawlies sneaking up on me, thank goodness none of them were poisonous. The weeds and grasses grew so fast around the raised beds it was hard to keep up with them, which hid the creepy crawlies from my view.  Well, Big Daddy knows how I dislike the creepy crawlies! So out of his love for me, he willingly labored and sacrificed his Saturday for me so my garden would be a peaceful place and not a place of fear. I love my husband and what is even more marvelous is knowing that my husband loves me! There is one other who has loved me with even a greater love than this. Not only was He willing to labor for me, He was willing to die for me. Jesus says in John 15:12-13 says " This is My commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." So those in Christ have no greater love. He lay down His life so that we may live in Him. The first verse I ever learned is probably the most important verse I will ever learn. It is John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not parish but have eternal life. No greater love than our heavenly Father and Savior who sacrificed all to save us from ourselves!!! Now that is a reason to celebrate!!!! So in the midst of the hearts and flowers of this day, Father God I am reaching out to You , my Lord and Savior with a thankful, appreciative heart and I pray my actions of this day fill my family and those I come in contact with a joy that can only come from you!!! I Love You Jesus!!



Before



After,they have a little left to do.



Two things my family loves is chicken and cheese, so this one is for them.
Cheesy Chicken Rotini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pkg.(about 1-1/2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
 salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion chopped
1 10 3/4oz. can cream of celery soup
1 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 of a soup can of half-n-half ( milk works just as well)
8 oz. of white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided half
1 cup of bread crumbs (I use panko)
Cooking Spray, enough to coat a deep skillet

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a deep skillet on medium, add in chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.





Stir in onion and cover skillet cooking until onions are tender and translucent.
















Add in your cream soups one at a time,  making sure each one is well blended before adding the next. Add in your milk stirring until blended, then add in 4 oz. of cheese and stir until just melted and remove skillet from heat.












Coat a 9x13 baking pan bottom and sides with cooking spray. Put your cooked pasta in pan first, then pour cheesy chicken sauce over pasta and thoroughly incorporate sauce into pasta.









Evenly distribute breadcrumbs over the top of pasta and sauce, then do the same with the cheese. Place baking pan into a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and brown.
















Serve with a side salad or you can mix in a can of drained peas after you mix the cheesy chicken sauce into the pasta.





No comments:

Post a Comment