Friday, February 4, 2011

Mouth of the South

  
When I lived in the vast lands of the Northern Tundra (Chicagoland), I was sometimes referred to as the "Mouth of the South". Now that I am once again living in the South (God's Country), I wonder does that just make me the Mouth?! My husband use to make jokes that my mouth wakes up 15 minutes before I do. Well I suppose this is true. Which brings me to working on my attitude. I have been thinking alot lately about what comes out of my mouth. This morning while running the dogs to the groomer. I was listening to a sermon by Jack Graham. I can't remember the premise of the sermon but this one verse really stuck out to me. It is a Psalm of David and it is an Evening Prayer for Santification and Protection and as I read it I wondered who was it protection for? Me or those that are in my home. Well the verse is: Psalm 141:3-3Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Can you say snap? I am feeling now that this really needs to be a prayer I pray every morning before I get up. You know the old saying Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. I used to have a plaque that I kept by my bedside with this cute little diddy on it that says: So far today God, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, Haven't been grumpy, nasty or selfish. But in a few minutes, I'm going to get out of bed and from then on I am going to need a lot of your help!! I remember buying it when I lived in the Northern Tundra to remind me off my attitude and to speak kinder to my family. I have been working on the attitude for awhile now. Well when we moved here I know I placed it on my bedside table and in the process of 3 years I have misplaced it. After this wonderful reminder from God about my attitude, I went searching for it today and found it. I must have gotten tired of looking at it and placed it in the drawer of my bedside table. I have since hung it on my cabinet in the bathroom by my mirror, so I can see it every morning. I have been asking God to help me with my attitude and evidently I need to work a little or a lot harder on the words I speak to others. Lord fill me with Your Spirit daily that I may speak Your words and have a Christ-like attitude.

Today's recipes are a few appetizers and I have given them their own page. Look up to the top right of the page and click Appetizers. I pray you all have a fabulous weekend with family and friends and may God's love and protection surround you and your loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment