Monday, January 31, 2011

I am a Pebble!!

Don't you just love todays technology that allows us to stay in contact with dear friends who live so far away from us. It allows us to encourage and love our friends and be encouraged and loved by our friends instantly from great distances. I love how God uses my friends near and far, and whether they know it or not, through this technology. Well one of my most beautiful friends, who encourages me all the time, messaged me a note and at the end she wrote. "Love you and miss you girlfriend. You are my rock! Well, He is actually my rock but you're my pebble! LOL!" I was completely overwhelmed by this and brought to tears first of all by the fact that she feels this way towards me and second by knowing I am so unworthy to even be in the same sentence as Jesus. It just shows you God uses whoever and whatever He wants for His purpose. Well have you ever heard the saying God uses donkeys and rocks. I would say I am more of a donkey.  I would like to share Numbers 22: 27-33. 27When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam was angry and struck the donkey with his stick.  28And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"  29Then Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now."  30The donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden all your life to this day? Have I ever been accustomed to do so to you?" And he said, "No."  31Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way with his drawn sword in his hand; and he bowed all the way to the ground.  32The angel of the LORD said to him, "Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out as an adversary, because your way was contrary to me.  33"But the donkey saw me and turned aside from me these three times. If she had not turned aside from me, I would surely have killed you just now, and let her live." If God can use a donkey to do His will and speak for Him, then He can surely use you and me. I am so honored to be a pebble (donkey) for Christ, I pray the Lord will continue to use me for His will and not mine. To God be the glory!!! For the Joy of the Lord is my strength!




Nothing better than soup on a chilly day.
Hamburger Soup:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced small
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1- 16 oz. bag of frozen mix veggies ( I use  a mix of carrots, peas and corn)
1- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
2- 32 oz boxes of beef broth/stock
1/2 cup Ditalini pasta (see picture below)


Coat soup pot with oil, add in ground beef and cook on medium heat , break up ground beef and add in onion, garlic and both peppers. Cook until beef is browned and onions are translucent and tender (stirring frequently). Add in frozen veggie mix stirring frequently and cook until veggies have thawed. Stir in canned tomatoes with juice from can and cook until tomatoes are heated through. Then pour in your beef stock/broth and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 45 minutes or more.  Before serving, reheat soup to a boil and add in pasta cook for 10 to 15 minutes just until pasta is tender, stirring  so pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. I serve with garlic bread or biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment