Thursday, November 3, 2011

Days of Thanksgiving: Day 1 ( I was blind and now I see)

     What I am first and foremost thankful for, is that my eyes have been opened and I can see God's glory and mercy on a daily basis. Living in the truth of His word and knowing I have salvation through Jesus Christ is the truly the top thing!! Can I get an Amen? I love that I am no longer in the dark. Romans 1:20 -21 says 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Which means we were all born with the innate knowledge of God so there is no excuse. Verse 2o says that He shows Himself through His creation. If you have ever seen the sunset or a sunrise, then you have seen His glory. If you have ever witnessed the birth of a child then you have seen His glory. I heard somewhere that the definition of Glory is the outward shining of the invisible God as He makes Himself known. I, for one, love that I can see God's glory in my daily life. All of the little miracles that happen in my daily life of loving my family and homeschooling my children. 
I just want to say I don't want to be the unthankful people of verse 21 who do not honor or give God thanks. I want to go a step further though, I do not only want to see God's glory, I want to be such a woman that God's glory can be seen in me.
     When this old world looks at me they see a somewhat out of shape, unorganized , crazy, life out of control, Bible banging, homeschool Mom who really has no reason to smile, none the less be happy. It is all true this is who I am. So, how thankful am I to know that I was created in the image of God. Genesis 1:27 says God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. So I need not derive my worth from the world but from God alone! It is so hard some days when you look around and all you can see are what you think are perfect people with perfect lives. It is when I remind myself there was only one perfect person that ever walked this earth and that was Jesus. I also like to remind myself that I am so much more than I was before Christ found me and I am so much less than I am going to be when I meet Him. Like the  country song says "I'm just an old lump of coal, but I'm going to be a diamond some day!" Woo Hoo, Big Mama's going to be a diamond. The beautiful thing is no matter how many times I might let the world influence the way I feel about myself, the world will never influence how God feels about me. Take comfort my friends if you are a child of God, then you too can see God's glory in your daily lives. If you are not a child of God know that you are being prayed for and may today you know that Christ died for your sins so that all you have to do is trust in Him and turn away from your old life and become His new creation. All glory be to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! AMEN!





When I think of the tastes of fall and Thanksgiving, Pumpkin is the first to my mind. The recipe today my Mom's. Those who like pumpkin pie and apple butter will love this one it is:
Granny's Pumpkin Butter
1 15 0z canned pumpkin 
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice








Combine pumpkin, sugar and spice in a medium sauce pan. 


















Cook on medium high heat until  bubbling and all sugar is dissolved. It is as simple as that you are done. 

















Place in a resealable jar and refrigerate for up to a week. It is really good on toast but my favorite is on top of biscuits and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment