Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Forecast: Dreary Days or Sonshine!

I was so excited to find out today, by Friday here in Athens, GA it will be 60 degrees and sunny!! Just the thought of the sun and warmth shining on my face makes me feel like singing and dancing! How wonderful our minds are made so with just the thought of sunny weather we can close our eyes and see and feel the sun warm our skin. Isn't it amazing how excited one can get with just a good weather forecast. How much more excited should I be getting knowing, being a Christ follower, what my life forecast is. Through the Scriptures we are told of great hope and wonders for those who trust in Christ. Jesus tell us in John 14: 1-3 1"Do not let your heart be troubled;believe in God, believe also in Me. 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. Now there is a forecast for Sonshine! How much more light and joy will we find basking in the warmth of the Father's love. Father help me to remember to keep my eyes and heart on You, help me to focus on the true forecast of my life and not let my happiness be hindered by a little rain. On dreary days, help me to remember the true Sonshine, to close my eyes and feel the warmth and light of Your love.
In Jesus name. AMEN


Michelle's Meatballs (Italian Style):
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup skim milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic granuales
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 pounds lean ground beef
Enough Olive Oil to coat a large skillet for each batch of meatballs

Place panko and milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir together well. Let sit a few minutes, until the panko absorbs the milk. Add in eggs and next 5 ingredients. Mix until eggs and spices are well incorporated. Thouroughly mix ground beef into panko mixture. I use my hands so I can mix it really well.
Shape beef mixture into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Heat oven to warm. Coat a large skillet with the Olive Oil and heat on medium until skillet is hot. Place meatballs into skillet and cook, turning to brown each side and until they are no longer pink, about 10 - 15 minutes. Place cooked meatballs into a oven safe dish or pan and place in heated oven to keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the meatballs making sure to coat skillet with olive oil for each batch to keep them from sticking.
For spaghetti and meatballs just place cooked meatballs into your own prepared sauce and heat for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving. The Italian Meatballs also make and excellent meatball sub.
The meatballs freeze really well. I just make sure I place them in a single layer between parchment or freezer paper so they don't stick together when I freeze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment